Freelance English/Arabic Translator
Creative, Punctual, Thinker
I am a Freelance English/Arabic Translator
English/Arabic translator and interpreter with 20+ years of experience and a strong academic foundation in translation studies. Specialize in translating legal, economic, and marketing texts; demonstrated ability to translate a variety of texts, including business reports, technical specifications, and educational papers and textbooks.
Acted as interpreter in settings ranging from business meetings and WTO negotiations, to academic workshops and seminars, to hospitals and police stations.
ISO 17100:2015 Qualified
Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting
UK Higher Education Academy
Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy
Member of International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies
Member of the European Society for Translation Studies
SDL TRADOS Certified - Level 2
"Great work. Accurately translated, promptly delivered and aesthetically formatted."
"Very impressed, documents sent Friday night, returned translated the following Sunday. Will definately use again"
"It has been a true pleasure working with Khaled as he is so responsive and amenable. Will look forward to the next opportunity!"
"Excellent communication, pleasure to work with. Not able to provide feedback on the actual translation as yet; translation will be revised by a subject expert at a later stage."
I provide professional and reliable translation services from and into Arabic and English.
Using different resources and consulting with relevant experts, I can guarantee the quality of the translations. The original formatting of the documents is preserved whenever possible (be it, for example, a PowerPoint presentation, a Front page or an HTML document).
Though I have been for a long time working on different types of texts, I specialise in translating legal, economic and marketing texts.
Factors determining the cost of a project are: the target language, the technicality of the subject, the deadline requirements, and the number of words in the text to be translated.
You can e-mail me a brief description of the document (or a sample of the text) to obtain an estimate of the approximate cost.
20+ Years of Experience
Sep 1995 - Current
Freelance TranslatorSelf-Employed: Online, United Kingdom, Oman, Yemen
- Translate educational materials for Sultan Qaboos University (2015–present) and previously for International Baccalaureate Organization (February 2009)
- Translator and language consultant for Global Connects Language Services, focusing on translating documents for the Scottish Government (March 2014–2016)
- Translator for K-International at HM Prison Durham, United Kingdom (2011–2012)
- Extensive experience translating legal documents for Alpha-Omega Language Services (2008–2011), as well as for Simons Rodkin Solicitors (2011) and Language Marketplace UK (2008)
- Translate marketing, tourism, and website content for Sure Languages (2008–2014), and previously for TRANSXPRESS (2008) and East-West Concepts (2005)
- Additional clients include the World Trade Organization (WTO), European Union, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Child War Organization, and UK courts and prison services, as well as private and corporate clients
Sep 1995 - Current
Freelance InterpreterSelf-Employed: United Kingdom, Oman, Yemen
- Interpreter for IMF delegation in Yemen (October 2016)
- Interpreter for K-International at HM Prison Durham, United Kingdom (2011–2012)
- Volunteer public service interpreter demonstrating a high level of confidentiality coupled with empathy and outstanding interpersonal communication skills (2007–2015)
- Complete at least three assignments per month working with people at UK health clinics, hospitals, and police stations, or providing telephone interpreting services
Jul 2006 - Jul 2007
Legal Translator and InterpreterYemen WTO Accession Support Project, WTO–German Organisation for Technical Cooperation (GTZ)
- Employed as full-time interpreter during WTO-related seminars and workshops
- Translated various texts related to trade, legislation, and financial news
Aug 2019 - Current
Assistant Professor of Translation StudiesQatar University, Qatar
Aug 2015 - Aug 2019
Assistant Professor of Translation StudiesSultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Coordinator of Media Translation, Interpreting, and Translation Practicum
- Responsible for creating and updating departmental college website content in Arabic and English
Sep 2007 - Aug 2015
Teaching Fellow in Arabic and TranslationDurham University, United Kingdom
- Convener of Arabic 1B (2007–2015) and Interpreting (2013–2015)
- Arabic Café host (2012–2015)
Apr 2001 - Jul 2006
Assistant Professor of Translation StudiesUniversity of Science and Technology, Yemen
- Taught graduate-level (MA) Legal Translation, Practical Translation, and Interpreting.
- Taught undergraduate Arabic.
Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher EducationUniversity of Durham, United Kingdom
PhD in Translation StudiesUniversity of Manchester, United Kingdom
MSc in Translation StudiesUniversity of Manchester, United Kingdom
BA in Education (English)Sana’a University, Yemen
English to Arabic
Arabic to English
Editing and proofreading
Get in Touch
Get in Touch
Let's talk about your project